The Firehose Project
Last updated: May 25, 2018
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for additional information (such as name, email, phone number, etc.) as appropriate. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. Data is retained indefinitely so that Users can continue to log in to the Site and access their account data.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Use of Intercom Services
How we use collected information
Firehose Project may collect and use Users personal information for legitimate interests as outlined in the GDPR including for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Data is stored in Digital Ocean NYC region and Amazon US-East-1 region.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out surveys, processing payments, or contacting users. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that it is deemed necessary using the basis of legitimate interest as outline in the GDPR.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Your rights as a User of the Site
- the right to be informed about how the data is being used
- the right to know what data is stored and how it is processed
- the right to have inaccurate or incomplete data be updated
- the right to request that the data be deleted
- the right to block processing of your data
- the right to data portability
- the right to object to your data being used
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (857) 362-8078
- Address: 1355 Market Street, #488, San Francisco, CA 94103